DR. DEVA KUMAR BORGOHAIN
Dr. Deva Kumar Borgohain is an MCh in Neurosurgery from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi (May 2011 batch). Earlier he obtained the MBBS and MS (General Surgery) degrees from Gauhati Medical College in 1999 and 2004 respectively.
Since January 2018 Dr. Borgohain has been attached as Consultant – Neurosurgery to Excelcare Hospitals, NH 37, Paschim Boragaon in Guwahati. He is well experienced in performing skull-base surgeries, CP angle tumors, pituitary surgeries, etc. He also has adequate experience in advanced and complicated spinal surgeries, and all types of brain and spinal tumor surgeries. He has good exposure and experience in gamma knife intervention and stereotactic neurosurgery. After completion of the MCh course at AIIMS, Dr. Borgohain has conducted more than 1,000 surgical procedures independently.
Earlier in his career, Dr. Deva Kumar Borgohain served as Senior Resident (Neurosurgery) at several prominent hospitals in New Delhi. Before taking up his current post at Excelcare Hospitals, Dr. Borgohain was Consultant Neurosurgeon- GNRC Hospitals, Guwahati 2012-2017, Sharda Hospital, Pilibhit (UP) from May-Dec 2011, and Downtown Hospital. Read more
19 Years Experience
Experience with more than one and a half decades of training in the premier institute of India ( including the AIIMS, New Delhi ), Dr. Borgohain has also received training outside the country.
- Eden Medical Center & Hospital, Dimapur ( 2nd Saturday Every month)
- Avaneesh Hospital & Research Centre, North Lakhimpur (3rd Sunday, Every month)
Quality Health Care
Quality health care at affordable fee with the State of The Art clinical laboratory modular operation theatre. The patent is assured of the best neurological care by Dr. Deva in the Excelcare Hospitals.
1.5 tesla MRI facility and a well equipped laboratory, trained nurses and other medical personnel are available round the clock to manage emergencies in the 6 bedded emergency care centre.
BRAIN SURGERY Services
- Cranial Trauma
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Microscopic Endoscopic Transnasal Pituitary Tumor Excision
- Neurovascular Lesions: Aneurysm, AVM
- Stroke Surgery: Brain Hemorrhage Carotid Endarterectomy Stereotactic Surgery
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Skull Base Tumour Excision: Acoustic Neuromas, Chordomas
- Cerebrospinal Fluid Leaks
- Craniofacial Deformities
- Cranial Base Osteomyelitis
- Micro Vascular Decompression for Trigeminal Neuralgia, Hemifacial Spasm
SPINE & PERIPHERAL SURGERY Services
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (MISS): Microdiscectomy, Decompression Laminectomy, Laminoplasty and Spine Fusion
- Spinal Tumour, Vascular Malformation Excision
- Percutaneous Kyphoplasty and Vertebroplasty for Spine Fractures
- Cervical and Lumbar Artificial Disc Replacement Surgery
- Correction of Scoliosis and Other Deformities
- Spine Stabilisation: Spondylolisthesis, Koch's Spine, Traumatic Fractures
- Spasticity Surgery (Baclofen Pump)
SUPER SPECIALITY Services
- Neuro Sciences (Neurology & Neurosurgery)
- Cardiac Sciences
- Endocrinology & Diabetology
- Pediatrics & Neonatology
- Renal Sciences (Nephrology & Urology)
- Rheumatology & Immunology
- Dermatology & Cosmetolgy
OTHER SPECIALTY Services
- General Surgery
- GI Surgery
- Critical Care
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- ENT and Head & Neck Surgery
Emergency & Trauma
The Emergency & Trauma Centre is located on the ground floor to allow swift access while keeping in mind convenience in an emergency.
Round the clock ambulance services with advanced life support equipment, manned by trained personnel on board to provide 24/7 support.
Laboratory Medicine of comprises a team of highly skilled, experienced laboratory scientists committed in providing prompt and accurate services.